Saturday, September 15, 2018

When God Looks at Me

Scripture:

“When I look at you, I see how you have taken my fruit and tasted my word. Your life has become clean and pure, like a lamb washed and newly shorn. You now show grace and balance with truth on display.”
‭‭Song of Songs‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Song of Songs has been debated forever whether it is simply a story of two lovers or if it is the Lord and His bride.  If you look at it as the Lord and His Bride, this verse is powerful.  This would be God looking at us as his bride.  It says he sees how we have taken His fruit and tasted His word.  He sees us as having clean and pure lives.  He says we show grace and balance with truth on display.

Application:

Can God look at my life and see that I have eaten His fruit and tasted His word?  Does my life reflect being clean and pure, like a washed and newly shorn sheep?  Does my life display grace, balance and truth?  I want my life to reflect all these things and I want my lover-Lord to see me this way.  I want to live a life that pleases Him.

Prayer:

Lord, let my life be clean and pure.  Let me represent You well.  Help me to walk in Your love and to be passionately in love with You like the Shulamite in Song of Songs.  Let my life be centered on You and Your life.  I want to be completely Yors for You to work in and through.

Your Fiancée,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment