Thursday, September 13, 2018

An Overflowing Heart

Scripture:

“My heart spills over with thanks to God for the way he continually empowers me, and to our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, who found me trustworthy and who authorized me to be his partner in this ministry.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing to Timothy and tells him that his heart spills overs for the way the Lord empowers him and partners with him in ministry.  He could have said a lot of things to his spiritual son, but he focuses here on the heart full of gratitude that God would call him and work with him and allow him to be used in ministry.  He is amazed that God calls him trustworthy .

Application:

I need my heart to spill over this week because of the honor of being called to serve the Lord.  I have allowed some discouragement and frustration to enter my heart this week and God is showing me today through Paul that it is a pure joy to be able to serve the Lord and work with him.  It is an honor to be called to serve His kingdom purposes.  I need to focus on the joy of partnering with God to accomplish His will in the earth instead of what I don’t see getting done.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are amazing and I love You.  I’m sorry for allowing myself to be frustrated this week in ministry.  Help me to keep my focus on You and Your will.  I want to hear Your voice and I want a heart that overflows with joy in serving Your people.  Help me to have the right heart in all areas.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment