Friday, September 14, 2018

What Am I Chasing After?

Scripture:

“Timothy, you are God’s man, so run from all these errors. Instead, chase after true holiness, justice, faithfulness, love, hope, and tender humility.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭6:11‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Just prior to this verse, Paul tells Timothy that there will be false teachers who claim all kinds of false doctrine and teachings.  He tells him to run away from all the errors and to stay true to what he has been taught by Paul.  He then adds that he should chase after trues holiness, justice, faithfulness, love, hope, and tender humility.  These are the things we need in our lives more than the latest doctrine flying around.

Application:

Rather than chasing the newest revelation someone has received, I need to chase after the list that Paul laid out to Timothy.  I need to be chasing holiness, justice for those who are not receiving justice, faithfulness, love, hope, and tender humility.  When we get these things right, we will make an impact for Christ.  I want to keep it simple and love people well.  I want to be faithful to Him who called me.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to keep ministry simple and serve like You served.  Help me to demonstrated Christ more and more in my life.  Let my life be filled with You to overflow.  Help me to walk as You walked and live as You lived.  I want to serve You and Your Kingdom well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment