Thursday, September 6, 2018

Procrastination

Scripture:

“Professional work habits prevent poverty from becoming your permanent business partner. And: If you put off until tomorrow the work you could do today, tomorrow never seems to come.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭24:33-34‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

If you don’t want poverty to become your permanent business partner, you must have professional business habits.  You have to do the things that are necessary and beneficial, whether you enjoy them or not.  Solomons writes here that when we put things off till tomorrow, tomorrow never comes.  That is so true.

Application:

I need to stop putting off till tomorrow what I can do today.  I need better business work habits and to get more done with the time I have.  Much has been put on my plate, but I know with God’s help, I can accomplish so much more than I currently am accomplishing.  I need wisdom for this and the Holy Spirit’s guidance.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to accomplish more for Your kingdom.  I want to be efficient in my work and effective in ministry.  Help me to live a disciplined life in every area.  I know I need to exercise more discipline in my eating and exercise.  Help me to get healthy again and to use my time wisely.  Help me to say yes to the right things and no to the things that deter me from being a profitable servant.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment