Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Entrusted

Scripture:

Luke 12:48  "But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating.  Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more".

Observation:

Jesus had been talking about servants and their masters.  He had been talking about a master entrusting things to his servant and what happens when the servant must be held accountable for his actions with the master's possessions.  Jesus says here that those to whom much was entrusted, the master will demand more from.  He says, "Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required".

Application:

I have been given so much in my life.  I have health, strength, and I live in a free country where I can do anything I desire to do.  God has blessed my life with financial blessings.  God has given me great opportunities to build His Kingdom here and around the world.  He has given me great people around me.  When I get to heaven, I want to have done something great with all He has given me.  I want to hear, "well done, good and faithful servant".

Prayer:

Father, You have blessed my life over and over.  You have opened doors for me that have been amazing.  Help me to produce what You expect from my life.  Help me to be productive for Your kingdom.  Help me to be effective with what You have entrusted to me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment