Friday, March 17, 2017

You Did not Believe

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 1:32-33  "Yet in spite of this word you did not believe the Lord your God, who went before you in the way to seek you out a place to pitch your tents, in fire by night and in the cloud by day, to show you by what way you should go".

Observation:

Here God is reminding the people of Israel of the promises He made them and how they responded in unbelief.  According to this text, God had gone before them in fire by night and a cloud by day, yet they didn't believe the word of the Lord when it came to defeating enemies and taking possession of the Promised Land.  In spite of God doing everything He had done, the people still did not believe Him.

Application:

I have witnessed God do so many miracles in my life it is incredible, yet when things get in a pinch and I don't see a way out, I still believe my own report instead of His.  I am guilty of not believing the word of the Lord so many times because I didn't think it was possible.  I need to believe the word of the Lord instead of my own brain.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to lean on You and to trust You more and more every day.  Teach me to walk by faith and not by sight.  Help me to live a life of faith and not a life of simply existing.  You have given me much to do, help me to trust that You will bring it to pass.  I need You!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment