Monday, March 27, 2017

Abundantly Prosperous

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 30:9  "The Lord your God will make you abundantly prosperous in all the work of your hand, in the fruit of your womb and in the fruit of your cattle and in the fruit of your ground.  For the Lord will again take delight in prospering you, as he took delight in your fathers".

Observation:

Moses was about to die and his leadership would then be turned over to Joshua.  Before he passed from the scene, he let them know that they would inhabit the Promised Land, but they would turn away from God and end up under the curse instead of the blessing.  Here he said that, when they turn back to the Lord, He would abundantly prosper them in every way.

Application:

God's covenant with Israel was really incredible, but it was totally based on their obedience to His Laws and ways.  When they did what was expected of them and kept God at the center of their lives, He would "abundantly Prosper" them.  We have a similar covenant with our Lord.  He wants to bless us abundantly, but we must follow his voice and do what He says.  Our abundant prosperity is directly proportional to our obedience to the Lord.  Obedience to the Lord is crucial.

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You wholeheartedly.  Help me to gladly follow Your voice and walk in Your paths.  You are amazing and I love You.  Help me to walk faithfully before You.  Bless my life, my family, my church, and my region.  Let Your blessings flow!  Let me "abundantly prosper".

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment