Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Cost of Discipleship

Scripture:

Luke 14:33  "So therefore, any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple".

Observation:

Jesus here is talking about evaluating the cost and seeing whether you want to come and follow Him.  He had just said that we must be willing to pick up our cross daily and follow Him.  Here He takes it to another level and says any of us who "does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple".

Application:

Jesus paid the price for our sins, we pay the price for our discipleship.  There is a price to pay in following the Lord.  He paid an incredible price for our salvation by paying with His own life, but He also wants us to be willing to renounce everything we have in order to become one of His disciples.  He wants us to live a selfless life of to be fully and completely His.  He wants us to be ALL IN and for us to serve Him ALL OUT.

Prayer:

Father, help me to count the cost and find me willing to sacrifice all for You and Your kingdom.  Help me to walk in step with Your Spirit today.  Enable me to be a witness for You today.  Let me hear Your voice clearer than ever.  I want to know You and walk with You DEEPER than ever before.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment