Friday, March 24, 2017

The Lord Fights Our Enemies

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 20:3-4  "and shall say to them, 'Hear, O Israel, today you are drawing near for battle against your enemies: let not your heart faint.  Do not fear or panic or be in dread of them, for the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory'".

Observation:

When God's people were going into battle and the enemy was much larger and stronger than them, they were told not to let their hearts faint because the Lord our God was going to fight with them and give them the victory.  Before the battle they were given the confidence they were not on their own, but that the Commander of the Armies of the Lord was with them and would give them victory.

Application:

When we face things that seem insurmountable, we must realize we have a Father who loves is and is more than ready and able to fight our battles.  He is able to bring victory no matter how bad things look.  So many times in Scripture God defeated the enemy on behalf of His people.  We must learn to walk in the confidence that He will defeat our enemies every time as long as we are walking with Him.

Prayer:

Father, increase my confidence in You.  Help me to realize that You have never let me down or failed me.  Help me to realize in my hear of hearts that You are for me and that You will take care of me, no matter what goes on around me.  You are truly a Good, Good, Father and I'm love by You.  Thanks for fighting my battles.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment