Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Blessing

Scripture:

Numbers 6:24-27 "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.  So shall they put my name upon the people of Israel, and I will bless them".

Observation:

God specifically told Moses and told him to tell Aaron how to bless His people and how to put His name on the people of Israel.  At the end it says, "and I will bless them".  God makes a promise that when the priest blesses the people in this way, they will be blessed.

Application:

God's promises are amazing.  He fulfills His promises when we do our part of the covenant.  When we speak blessing, blessing will follow.  When we bless people properly, blessing will flow.  We need to be people who speak and release blessing instead of condemnation.  We need to watch the words of our mouth and make sure we are blessing and not cursing people.

Prayer:

Lord, Your Word is powerful.  Thank you for speaking to me this morning.  Help me to speak and release Your blessing and to put Your name on the people You have entrusted to me.  Let life and blessing flow from my mouth and let me speak what You want me to speak.  Let my words be Your words.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment