Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Consider

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 11:2  "And consider today (since I am not speaking to your children who have not known or seen it), consider the discipline of the Lord your God, his greatness, his mighty hand and his outstretched arm"

Observation:

As God's people were about to enter into their promised land, He wanted them to consider the Lord, his greatness, his mighty hand and his outstretched arm.  He wanted them to ponder about the awesomeness of the Lord God Almighty.  He wanted them to consider what He had done and what He was capable of.

Application:

It is good for us to consider the awesomeness of God and all He has done for us.  As we serve Him, we must remember to consider who it is that we are serving.  He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  He is the God who answered Elijah by fire.  He is the God who wiped out enemy armies and gave great victory to His people.  We must consider that the God we serve is all powerful, almighty, everlasting and that nothing we go through is beyond His reach and power to fix.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing!  When I consider all You have done in my life, I am blessed.  You have rescued me so many times, healed me, delivered me, protected me, provided for me and taken such good care of me.  May I never stop considering all You have done for me.

Your Son,
Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment