Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Without Measure

Scripture:

John 3:34  "For he whom God has sent utters the words of God, for he gives the Spirit without measure".

Observation:

John is speaking about Jesus when he says, "He whom God sent utters the words of God".  He continues on to say that Jesus gives the Spirit without measure.  As John was introducing Jesus to the world as the Messiah, he also said that He gives the Spirit without measure.

Application:

Jesus gives us the Spirit "without measure".  There is an unlimited amount of the Spirit of God.  You can't measure it in any way.  We must realize that we have been given the Spirit "without measure".  We have all we need and more for any situation or problem we come up against.  When we say "without measure", we are saying there is all we need and more than we need.  We should never feel like we only have a little bit of the Spirit.  We should ask God to fill us with the Spirit "without measure".

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, fill me with Your Spirit "without measure".  I want to do the works of Christ in the earth and I can do nothing without Your Spirit.  I want to do Your will in the earth and to extend Your kingdom.  Fill me with Your Spirit that I can do the works of God.  Help me not to limit You with my own thinking, but to walk in a measureless flow of the Spirit.  Let it flow from my life like springs of living water.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment