Thursday, March 23, 2017

Offer God Your Best

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 17:1  "You shall not sacrifice to the Lord your God an ox or a sheep in which is a blemish, any defect whatever, for that is an abomination to the Lord your God".

Observation:

God tells His people here that they can't sacrifice any animal with defects because that would be an abomination to the Lord.  From this, it seems like God doesn't want our leftovers and the worst of what we have, but He want us to give Him the best.  He wants us to offer excellent sacrifices to Him which will cost us something.

Application:

We have to be careful in life not to offer God our leftovers.  He should be honored first in our lives.  He wants us to give Him our best, not what is second or third best.  When we make decisions, we should make sure they honor God and place Him first.  We generally think only of ourselves and what we want rather than what is best for the Kingdom of God.  When we seek first His Kingdom and righteousness, all the other stuff will be added to us.  Do we offer God our best or just what is leftover what we have done everything else we wanted to do?

Prayer:

Lord, forgive me for all the times I have done what felt good to me over what You wanted me to do.  Help me to offer You the best of my life instead of the leftovers.  Help me to seek You first instead of seeking things to satisfy my wants and needs.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment