Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Daily Discipline

Scripture:

Luke 9:23  "And he said to all, 'If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me'".

Observation:

Jesus told His disciples that if they wanted to follow Him, they would need to deny themselves daily and take up their cross and follow him.  He made it clear to them that this was going to be a daily decision about denying themselves, but one that was necessary to come after him.

Application:

Every day, we have the option of living for self or living for the Kingdom.  Every day we are presented opportunities to be selfish or to do what Christ would want us to do.  This walk with Him is definitely a daily walk.  It is something we have to choose every day of our lives.  Daily devotion is needed in this Kingdom and when we don't have it, we will stray quickly.  We must make Christ-centered choices every day and determine every day to walk in step with the Spirit.

Prayer:

Father, empower me by Your Spirit to walk with You daily.  Help me to get away from selfish days and to truly learn to lay down my life for Your and Your kingdom.  Help me to live in a way that honors You and not just feels good to me.  Help me live in the daily disciplines of following You.

Yours
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment