Saturday, February 11, 2017

Authority

Scripture:

Mark 3:11 "And whenever the unclean spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, 'You are the Son of God'.  And He strictly ordered them not to make him known".

Observation:

Everywhere Jesus went, He didn't have to go looking for demons, when He arrived, they would fall down before Him and cry out that He was the Son of God.  People didn't seem to recognize who he was, but the demonic world immediately knew Him.  He would even tell them to be quiet because He didn't want them to make Him known.  They came to Him because they knew who He was.

Application:

When we are walking in the authority of an Almighty God, we don't have to look for demons, they will find us.  Instead of making a big hoopla about casting out demons, they should be coming to us and falling down and shrieking and we should be telling them to be quiet and come out like Jesus did.  We need to walk in true spiritual authority, which only comes when we walk in step closely with the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:

Lord, help  me to walk with you at deeper levels this year than ever before.  I want to hear Your voice, walk in step with You and fulfill Your will in my life.  Help me to keep my eyes focused on You and You alone.  I want to see what you are doing and do it.  I want to hear what You are saying and say it.  I want to be completely Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment