Monday, February 6, 2017

That You May Know... That I May Dwell

Scripture:

Exodus 29:46  "And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them.  I am the Lord their God.

Observation:

God is speaking to Moses and He is giving every detail about the sacrifices and the priests garments and exactly how He wanted to be worshiped by His people.  As God is competing this extremely detailed pattern He wanted them to follow, He says, "and they shall know that I am the Lord their God" and "that I might dwell among them".  God has always wanted a people who would recognize they were His and He has always wanted to dwell among them.

Application:

After Adam, man was separated from God.  Since that time, God has been reaching down to earth showing ways that we can be his people and He can be our God.  He wants to dwell among His people and has wanted this for a very long time.  We need to recognize the desire for God, prepare a place for Him. follow His ways, so that He can truly be our God and we can truly be His people and fulfill his desire.

Prayer:

Father, I want to prepare my heart to be Your throne.  Reign and rule in my life.  Have dominion in every area of my life.  I want to be completely Yours and for You to dwell and walk with me.  Help me to live a life that You want to walk with.  I want more and more of You in my life.  I am yours.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment