Friday, February 17, 2017

Without Blemish

Scripture:

Leviticus 1:3  "If his offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he shall offer a male without blemish.  He shall bring it to the entrance of the tent of meeting, that he may be accepted before the Lord".

Observation:

God is giving Moses what He wants as offering and how He wants them presented to Him in worship.  He tells Moses that, if someone is offering something from the herd, it must be a male without blemish, so that the person will be accepted before the Lord.  God didn't want people to bring Him anything but the best of their flocks.

Application:

When we offer sacrifices and gifts to the Lord, we must give Him our very best.  He wants sacrifices that are of value.  They would have to examine their offerings to make sure they were without blemish.  As Jesus followers, we need to continually examine our lives to make sure we are offering God our very best and not just the leftovers of what we have taken for ourselves.  Many times, we give God what is left instead of giving Him our best.  We should give Him the best of our day, our offerings, our service, etc.

Prayer:

Jesus, You made a way for us to always have a perfect sacrifice when You offered Yourself on the cross.  Thank You for making the perfect sin offering once and for all.  At the same time, help me to give God my very best in every area of my life.  Help me not to offer God that which cost me nothing.  Help me to serve and serve well.  You have taken care of making sure I'm accepted, now help me to offer myself to God without blemish.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment