Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Submission

Scripture:

Mark 14:36  "And he said, 'Abba, Father, all things are possible for you.  Remove this cup from me.  Yet not what I will, but what you will'".

Observation:

Jesus lived a life of obedience to the very end.  He was completely submitted to the will of the Father.  He clearly says here that He wanted the cup of suffering to be taken from Him.  He even told His Father that He knew He was all-powerful and nothing was impossible for Him.  Yet, in the end, he submitted to His Father, even when that required death.

Application:

Sometimes God will ask us to do hard things.  Sometimes we will face challenges we wish we could get out of.  Sometimes things will happen that we have no control over.  In those times, we must remain submitted to God in every way.  We need to live in a place of surrender to God, even when surrender hurts.  We must trust Him that He will make all things good in His time, even if we have to go through some difficult times.

Prayer:

Father, all things are possible for You.  Forgive me for complaining sometimes about the things I have had to go through.  Help me to realize that You have a plan for my life and that Your will being accomplished is more important than my feeling good all the time.  I realize that there is no resurrection without death.  Help me to submit to You in all things.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment