Saturday, February 18, 2017

Every Morning

Scripture:

Leviticus 6:12  "The fire on the altar hall be kept burning on it; it shall not go out.  The priest shall burn wood on it very morning and he shall arrange the burnt offering on it and  shall burn on it the fat of the peace offerings".

Observation:

In order to keep the fire for sacrifice burning, the priests had to put wood on the fire every morning.  The fire was to never go out.  It was to be continual.  Every morning they had to take actions to make sure the fire didn't go out.

Application:

Morning is the start of a new day.  In the morning you have the ability to set the pace for the day.  As believers, we should seek the Lord every morning to keep our fires burning brightly for Christ.  Keeping a fire burning takes effort every day.  Although Jesus paid all the price for our sacrifice, we must keep that relationship fresh every morning.  His mercies are new every morning and therefore, we need to seek Him every morning.  Every morning we should refresh our lives in His presence and in His word.

Prayer:

Father, help me to seek You every morning.  Help me to set the reset button on my life every morning and keep the fire burning.  Keep me fresh in my walk with You.  Let the fire in my life never go out and let me burn brightly in the world for You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment