Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Fear Not an Stand Firm

Scripture:

Exodus 14:13  "And Moses said to the people, 'Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today.  For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again.  The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent'".

Observation:

The people of Israel had just come out of Egypt and had seen God perform incredibly miraculous signs and wonders.  They witnessed incredible things as they were released from Egypt, but now they realized that the Egyptian army was following them and thought they were going to be killed.  Their faith level had sunk quickly and they thought they were doomed.  God speaks to them through Moses and tells them to stand firm and fear not because they would see the salvation o the Lord.  He told them that they didn't have to worry because God would fight their battles.

Application:

Sometimes I don't see a way out of a situation and think there is no hope, but God is never shaken.  Nothing is a surprise to Him.  When I run into situations I don't understand and I feel helpless, I need to run to God and trust Him when He tells me not to fear and to stand firm.  He is always faithful and always comes through.

Prayer:

Father, help me to stand firm and fear not.  Help me to walk in faith and to relax when it looks like we are not going to be able to make it.  Help me to trust You more and to not get upset about things I can't change anyway.  Help me to stand firm and fear not.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment