Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wait For Your God

Scripture:

Hosea 12:6  "But you must return to your God; maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always".

Observation:

God had been talking to His people about their rebellion and the punishment that was coming to them.  He then shifts gears and tells them to return to Him, maintain love and justice and wait for Him always.

Application:

I see this as a pattern of how to turn to God when we have messed up.  First, we must return to Him and begin again to follow His ways and walk in obedience to Him.  Next we need to start doing the right things.  We must walk in love and justice, doing the right thing even when the right thing isn't easy.  Lastly, while we are returning and doing the right things, we have to wait on God.  We need to do the right things while we wait for Him.  We can't grow weary in well doing.

Prayer:

Father, help me to learn from your people Israel.  Help me to quickly return to You when things are not good.  Help me to do the right things while I wait on You for answers.  Let me not grow weary in well doing as I wait for Your breakthroughs.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment