Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Holding Unswervingly

Scripture:

Hebrews 10:23  "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful".

Observation:

The author of Hebrews tells us here to hold "unswervingly" to the hope we profess because God is faithful.  unswervingly means we are not swerving back and forth.  It means we are not swerving up and down in our faith, but standing solidly in faith, knowing that God is faithful and will do what He says He will do.

Application:

He who promised is truly faithful.  He will do what He says He will do.  God has proven himself over and over again throughout history.  He does what He says He will do.  The problem is that He doesn't always do it in our timing.  We must hold onto to God and our faith with determination, knowing God will always come through on His promises.  Our faith must also be on His faithfulness, not our strength to hold on.

Prayer:

Father, I am weak, but You are strong.  You are my rock and my fortress.  You are my strong tower and I trust in You.  You are faithful beyond my understanding and You are trustworthy.  Help me to hold unswervingly to the hope I have in You.  Let my life not swerve to the left or right, but help me stay on course, doing Your will in every area of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment