Monday, October 31, 2016

The Source of Salvation

Scripture:

Hebrews 5:8-9  "Son, though He was, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him".

Observation:

Jesus learned obedience through what he suffered.  He then became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.  I see a word that stands out to me here.  It is the word "obey" related to eternal salvation.  It doesn't say for those who believe, but for those who obey him.  Faith and obedience work hand in hand.

Application:

Our works must prove our faith.  Like James said, if you want to show someone your faith, you will have to show them your works, because works and faith go hand in hand.  Our faith should result in obedience to Christ.  Many times today we want to do our own thing and want God to bless it, but we should be seeking His will for our lives and walk in obedience to Him.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing!  Thanks for sharing this with me today.  Help me to walk in obedience to You always.  Help me to be more focused on eternity than on the things of this present life.  Keep my eyes on You at all times.  You are my salvation and my very life.  You are my everything.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment