Saturday, October 29, 2016

Restoration Cry

Scripture:

Lamentations 5:21  "Restore us to yourself, Lord, that we may return; renew our days as of old".

Observation:

God's people had been exiled and were being treated terribly.  They knew that they were being punished by God for their sins.  They knew that they had walked out on God, but they also knew that God was merciful and full of compassion.  Therefore, they cried out to him and asked Him to restore them to Him.  They  cried out to the Lord to renew them back to like they were in the past when He was their God and they were His people.

Application:

David cried out for God to restore the joy of his salvation.  The people of God cried out that God would restore them after they had messed up.  When we feel distanced from God, whether we did something wrong or not, we need to cry out to God to restore us.  Sometimes in our lives, we get out of sync with God and we need to cry out for Him to restore us to where we have been in the past.  God responds to restoration cries.

Prayer:

Father, restore my joy.  Restore my hope.  Restore my vision and passion.  I cry out to You today for restoration of everything the enemy has tried to steal from me.  I love you and know that You have much more in store for my life.  Help me to walk in unity with You always and to do everything You ask me to do.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment