Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Moving Forward

Scripture:

Jeremiah 7:23-24  "but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people.  Walk in obedience to all i command you, that it may go well with you.  But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts.  They went backward and not forward".

Observation:

God speaks through Jeremiah here and tells Judah that He wanted them to obey Him and he would have been their God and they would have been His people, but they wouldn't listen.  He wanted them to walk in obedience so it would go well with them, but they wouldn't.  They went backward instead of forward.

Application:

God wants us to always be moving forward in our relationship with Him.  Even Paul, in the New Testament, tells us to forget the things that are behind and reach toward the things that are ahead.  We are to be a people who are always moving forward with God and not looking backward or moving away from Him.  We are to look to Him and follow Him completely.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live a life of always moving forward in my relationship with You.  Help me not to look around me, behind me, or anywhere else but at You.  Help me to follow Your voice and walk through the doors You open.  Help me to finish all you want me to.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment