Monday, October 24, 2016

Do Not Be Afraid

Scripture:

Jeremiah 46:28  "Do not be afraid, Jacob my servant, for  I am with you, declares the Lord.  Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you.  I will discipline you but only in due measure; I will not let you go completely unpunished".

Observation:

God tells the people of Jacob His "servant", even though they had not been living for Him like they should.  He also lets them know that He will completely destroy all the nations they were scattered to, but that He would not completely destroy them.  He let them know that He would discipline them, but only in due measure.  They couldn't go unpunished, but He would not destroy them.

Application:

God does discipline His people.  He does allow things in our lives to teach us lessons.  He always lets us know, though, that He will bring us back and be with us in the midst of the trials.  Even when we are not serving Him well, He doesn't turn His back on us, but will discipline us in hopes of us returning to Him with all our hearts.  As a father, I understand this well.  Sometimes you have to let your children make mistakes and suffer consequences so that they will stop making the mistakes.

Prayer:

Father, I am Yours.  Teach me to walk with You through good and bad times, knowing that You are with me and will deliver me from every situation, even the ones I bring on myself.  Help me to know Your voice and to walk with You closely.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment