Thursday, October 20, 2016

What is Too Hard for God?

Scripture:

Jeremiah 32:27  "'I am the Lord, the God of all mankind.  Is anything too hard for me?'"

Observation:

God had been speaking through Jeremiah about how, after the captivity in Babylon, He would take Judah and Israel back home and would bless and prosper them in the land He promised them.  He was telling the people that they were going to have go through a difficult time because of their disobedience, but that they would come back again and thrive. He let them know here that nothing was or is impossible for Him.

Application:

Sometimes when we are overwhelmed, we tend to think nothing will ever change and that things will never get better.  When we are in those circumstances, we need to hold onto the words of the Lord.  Truly, nothing is too hard for the one who created the universe.  Nothing is too difficult for the God we serve.  We must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to never lose faith.  Help me to realize that You are able to absolutely anything and that You specialize in blowing our minds with Your ability.  Help me to walk by faith and to truly trust You more each day.  I know You are able, but sometimes I struggle with whether You will work on my behalf.  Teach me to trust you more and more.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment