Friday, October 14, 2016

Our Hope is in You

Scripture:

Jeremiah 14:22  "Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain?  Do the skies themselves send down showers?  No, it is you, Lord our God.  Therefore our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this".

Observation:

Jeremiah was prophesying terrible destruction to God's people because they had turned from Him and were serving other gods.  They were making idols and worshiping them.  At the end of God speaking destruction to Judah, Jeremiah asks if any of the worthless idols could bring rain or showers.  He then says, our hope is in you because You do all of this.

Application:

The things of this world will never give us what we need.  God is the creator of everything we see and He is the only one who can take care of His people.  Our hope cannot be in our jobs, our finances or anything else we can build for ourselves.  Our hope is in the Lord.  He is the one who lifts up and puts down.  He is the one who blesses and makes good things happen for those who follow Him.

Prayer:

Lord God, my hope is in You.  You are my source and my resource.  You are my everything and I appreciate all You do for me.  You have blessed me and rescued me so many times I can't tell them all, but you have been incredibly good to me.  Help me to trust You more each day and to realize that it is You and not myself that I can put my hope in.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment