Thursday, October 27, 2016

Endurance Till Blessing Comes

Scripture:

Jeremiah 52:33  "So Jehoiachin put aside his prison clothes and for the rest of his life ate regularly at the king's table".

Observation:

All through Jeremiah, God would speak about a period when his punishment would be over and he would once again bless Judah.  Here we see at the beginning of this chapter that Jehoiachin was exiled for 37 years, then he was brought out of prison and was seated at the king's table the rest of his life.  God is faithful to do what He promises, even though it may take longer than we would like.

Application:

Thirty seven years is a long time.  In 37 years, you have pretty much given up on your dreams, visions, and any hope of dignity being restored to your life, but with God 37 years is like a minute.  When our blessing seems like it is being delayed, we must hold onto the promises of God because they will come.  They may not come when we would like them to, but they will come.  Sometimes we just have to endure some seasons.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in endurance.  Help me to never give up on the things You have given me to do.  Help me to fulfill all that You have called me to do.  In the areas that will take longer than I would like, help me to wait quietly for the promises.  Teach me to endure until the blessing comes.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment