Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Fire and Wood

Scripture:

Jeremiah 5:14  "Therefore this is what the Lord God Almighty says: 'Because the people have spoken these words, I will make my words in your mouth a fire and these people the wood it consumes'".

Observation:

God is speaking through Jeremiah and telling him what He was going to do.  God was telling Jeremiah that His people had not been listening to Him and to what He was trying to tell them.  They were running after other gods and serving them instead of serving the One True and Living God.  God was telling Jeremiah that He was going to cause his words to consume the rebellious people.

Application:

When we speak on God's behalf, we should always seek his face and make sure we represent Him well.  We should be asking Him to make the words that come out of our mouths His words.  We should be asking Him to anoint the words we speak so that they are fire and the people who hear are like wood that is consumed.  Only God can penetrate a hard heart.  Only God can set our words on fire by His Spirit and cause them to carry His power.  When we speak for the Lord, we need to be asking Him to let His fire fall on the words we speak.

Prayer:

Father, when I speak, let my words be anointed of You.  Let me represent You well.  Let Your fire fall when I speak and let people's lives be consumed by Your word.  Let conviction fall.  Let Your glory rest on my life.  I give myself to You.  Speak through me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment