Thursday, November 3, 2016

Speak My Words

Scripture:

Ezekiel 2:7  "You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious".

Observation:

God was letting Ezekiel know that his ministry was not going to be easy.  He told Ezekiel that the people were hard, but that God would make him harder.  The Lord told him that they would not listen to him, but that he was to go anyway and be His voice to them.  God then told him that he must speak God's words to t them whether they listen or not.

Application:

Sometimes what God calls us to do may not look very successful in our eyes or other people's eyes.  Ezekiel was told from the beginning that his words would not be listened to, but that he had to speak anyway.  We must be ready to be obedient to God, whether He does things the way we think He should or not.  Every ministry and minister is different.  God has a plan for each, but we don't have control over what part we are doing.  Our job is to be obedient to the Lord.  That may bring about "success" in the world's eyes, or it may not.  Our job is simply to do what God asks us to do.  The rest belongs to Him.

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You wholeheartedly.  Teach me to seek Your approval above the approval of any man.  Help me to fulfill everything You have given me to do in my life.  Help me not to equate success with numbers, people, influence, or anything but pure obedience to You in every area of my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment