Friday, November 25, 2016

Called to Bless

Scripture:

I Peter 3:9  "Do not repay evil for evil or insult with insult.  On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing".

Observation:

Peter tells us that we are not to repay evil for evil, but to be a blessing so we can inherit a blessing.  If we want to be blessed in life, we need to be a blessing to others, even those who are insulting us and speaking evil against us.  Bless and you shall be blessed!

Application:

We are to repay evil with blessing.  This is not easy to do, but God tells us here that then we will inherit a blessing.  He says we are not only to do this, but that we are called to this.  Instead of seeking our specific calling, we should seek to bless those who persecute us, then the rest will take care of itself.

Prayer:

Lord, let my life shine for You.  Help me to represent You well.  I am called to blessing.  Help me to love those who are against me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment