Saturday, November 26, 2016

Be Alert and Sober

Scripture:

I Peter 5:8  "Be alert and of sober mind.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour".

Observation:

The first thing I see here is that Peter is telling us that we do have an enemy and he is looking for someone to devour.  He also tells us that because of this, we should be alert and clear minded.  We need to realize that we have an enemy and know his schemes.

Application:

As believers, we must realize that there is a very real spiritual battle going on for our lives.  There is a very real enemy who wants to steal, kill, and destroy.  He desires to bring frustration, confusion and discord into our lives.  We must be cognizant of this and live alert to his schemes.  We need to be clear minded.

Prayer:

Lord God, You are amazing and I appreciate you.  Help me to live sensitive to You and your voice.  Help me to live alert and sober because I have an enemy who is on the prowl.  Show me his plans and schemes and help me to walk in victory as Your child.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment