Thursday, November 17, 2016

Stop Dispossessing My People

Scripture:

Ezekiel 45:9  "This is what the Sovereign Lord says: You have gone far enough, princes of Israel!  Give up your violence and oppression and do what is just and right.  Stop dispossessing my people, declares the Sovereign Lord".

Observation:

God was speaking to the people of Israel about when they re-settle in the land He had given them.  In this passage, He rebukes the princes of Israel about taking the land of the people of Israel.  The Lord sets apart an area for the priests and the princes, then tells them to stay in their land and stop dispossessing His people.  God isn't happy when His people have their stuff taken away.

Application:

God is never happy when His people's stuff is taken away from them.  He wants His people to be blessed and to live in peace.  He always provides a place for them and gets angry when someone takes things from them.  He is a good father who doesn't like to see His children treated poorly.  We need to stop settling for having things taken from us when our father in heaven is willing to fight for us.  We need to hear God saying, "stop dispossessing my people".

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to see how much You also don't like your people dispossessed of their inheritance and their stuff.  I call back everything that the enemy has taken from me and mine.  I ask you to restore what is mine and has been taken by the enemy.  Fight on my behalf Lord and take back what is rightfully mine.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment