Tuesday, November 22, 2016

There is a man

Scripture:

Daniel 5:11 "There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him.  In the time of your father he was found to have insight and intelligence and wisdom like that of the gods.  Your father, King Nebuchadnezzar, appointed him chief of the magicians, enchanters, astrologers, and diviners".

Observation:

When the king needed answers, his people knew where to look.  Daniel had walked with God and they felt that the spirit of the gods was with him.  He had insight, intelligence and wisdom.  He understood the Lord and walked with him everyone saw the difference it made in his life.

Application:

When we walk with the Lord, we should stand out of the crowd and be seen as different.  When we walk with God, we should be stronger, wiser, and have more understanding than those around us.  We need to seek the Lord and ask Him to raise us up and to give us wisdom and understanding.  He is the author of both and we need to seek Him for them.

Prayer:

Father, let Your wisdom and understanding flow through my life.   Help me to pursue You above all else.  Teach me Your ways and help me to understand life, You and the world with great understanding.  Help me to advance Your kingdom in the earth and beat back the kingdom of darkness.  Show me how to do that in my generation.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment