Monday, November 14, 2016

Hear the Word of the Lord

Scripture:

Ezekiel 37:4  "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!'"

Observation:

Ezekiel was taken to a valley full of many very dry bones and was asked, "Can these bones live?"  He was then told to speak the word of the Lord to them.  Ezekiel is then found prophesying to dry bones that they will live again.  He tells them to hear the Word of the Lord.

Application:

When God speaks... things happen!  When God speaks about an area in your life that seems dead, it will live again.  Faith speaks the future outcome, even when in the midst of everything seeming dead around it.  We must learn not to listen to our logic, but to listen to the Lord.  When He speaks... dead things come back to life.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to be discouraged by what I see around me, but to listen to Your voice.  Help me to walk by faith and not by sight.  Let me clearly hear Your voice and respond accordingly, even when the situation looks bleak.  Help me to follow You well and to say to the things in my life that are not going well, "Hear the word of the Lord".

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment