Friday, November 4, 2016

You Will Know

Scripture:

Ezekiel 6:7  "Your people will fall slain among you, and you will know that I am the Lord".

Observation:

God told Ezekiel many times and in many different ways, that He was going to judge His people for their sin and idolatry.  He used many illustrations of how He would do it, but the reason was always the same, "then they will know that I am the Lord".  God's goal in judgment is always repentance and restoration.

Application:

When things are going absolutely terrible in our lives, we need to take a look to see if there are areas of disobedience, idolatry, or areas that we have let slip in our relationship with God.  Even in the New Testament, God disciplines His children so that they will realize their sins are killing them and turn back to the Lord.  We must learn to evaluate our relationship with the Father and turn when we see things are not right.  We want to walk in His blessing, not His judgment, but even in judgment we can know His goal is our restoration.

Prayer:

Father, when I get off course, straighten me out.  Help me to hear and follow Your voice.  Teach me to see quickly when I get of track and to return to You.  Help me to stay in step with the Holy Spirit at all times and to do Your will in the earth in my generation.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment