Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Build the Wall and Stand in the Gap

Scripture:

Ezekiel 22:30  "I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one."

Observation:

God was speaking through Ezekiel and telling His people that judgement was coming on them because of their sins.  At this point, He tells them that He had looked for someone who would build up the wall and stand in the gap so He wouldn't have to destroy the people, but He found no one.  God didn't want to bring judgment, but nobody was standing in the gap for the people.

Application:

God still responds when His people stand in the gap and build the wall.  This is done by standing in prayer and fasting.  In Ezekiel's day, everyone was turned away from God and His people were far from Him.  God looked for someone who was standing in the gap, interceding, but He found no one.  We must stand in the gap and build the wall in our country.  As we continue in prayer and seeking His face, we will see Him respond with His blessing.

Prayer:

Father, I want to stand in the gap and build the wall.  I don't want to go with the crowd, but to follow You closely and to have on my heart the things that are on Your heart.  Help me to serve You well and when you go looking for someone standing in the gap and building the wall, let me be one of those who is interceding for my people.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment