Saturday, November 19, 2016

Works Demonstrate Faith

Scripture:

James 2:24  "You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone".

Observation:

James had just talked about Abraham being called righteous because of his action of offering his son as a sacrifice.  His faith in God caused him to take action.  Here, James tells us that we are considered righteous by what we do and not by faith alone.

Application:

We can say we have faith all day long, but our faith will be demonstrated in what we do and how we live our lives.  The proof of faith is good works and living a life pleasing to God.  We must be people whose actions scream loudly that we are people of faith.  Our lives should let people know we are people of faith before we say a word.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to live in such a way that my life screams as loudly as my mouth.  Help me to live a life that demonstrates my faith in You and doesn't just believe.  I want to live a life that points people to Christ and brings light and life wherever I go.  Help me to life every day as an example of the love and life that Christ brings.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment