Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Faith of Abraham

Scripture:

Hebrews 11:19  "Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death".

Observation:

Abraham was obedient to God when God asked him to sacrifice his promised son Isaac.  He was willing to offer his own son to God as a sacrifice in obedience to the Lord.  Here in Hebrews it tells us that he reckoned if God was telling him to sacrifice his son, that God could raise the dead and would bring his son back to life.

Application:

Abraham fully trusted God.  If God said to sacrifice his son, he would, and then he would trust God to raise him from the dead.  We must learn to obey God and trust that God will take care of us as we follow Him.  Real faith does what God says, no matter what it looks like from the outside.  Real faith walks in obedience when obedience doesn't make sense.  We must learn to trust God completely.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live a life of true faith.  Teach me Your ways.  Help me to listen to and follow Your voice.  Let my ears be tuned to your voice.  I want to hear You and I want to follow.  Speak to me and then strengthen me to do what You say.  I am Yours.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment