Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Drift

Scripture:

Hosea 13:6  "When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me".

Observation:

God is talking to His people here who had drifted away from him and began serving other gods they were making with their own hands.  The Lord God Almighty had rescued them from Egypt with supernatural signs and wonders, fed them in the wilderness for forty years, and now they were serving other gods.  In this, the Lord describes what happened to them as a progression that it is easy for us all to fall into.

Application:

God shows us a progression that is easy to fall into and is how we drift away from him.  He says that he fed them and took care of their needs until they were satisfied, then when they were satisfied, they became proud and forgot God.  We must be cautious when God works on our behalf because we can become very satisfied and proud.  When we do this, we are starting on the drift of feeling we don't need God.  We must always remain humble and hungry before the Lord.  By doing that, we will never be satisfied and proud.  We must guard against the drift.

Prayer:

Father, bring me back to a place of absolute dependence upon You.  Help me to never be satisfied with where my life and ministry are.  Help me to stay hungry and humble before You.  I offer my life to You once again this morning.  Fill me and use me for Your glory.  I need You desperately.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment