Tuesday, December 20, 2016

God's Purpose and Plan

Scripture:

Revelation 21:3  "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Look!  God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them.  They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God'".

Observation:

This year as I have read through the Bible again, I saw throughout the Old Testament over and over again that God has always simply wanted a people who would be fully His so that He could be their God and they would be His people.  That has been His purpose from the beginning and at the very end of the book, He is saying that it will finally happen.

Application:

If God's desire is simply to have a people who are completely His so that He could be their God, then our job is simply to make him the true Lord of our lives and to live completely for him and his purposes.  He longs for a people who have no other gods but Him.  We have the ability to make God's purpose and plan come to pass as it pertains to us.  We need to submit ourselves fully to Him and truly be His people.

Prayer:

God, from the beginning you have talked about having a people who are completely Yours and who desire You over all other gods.  You have always wanted a people who would be called by Your name and who would live how You want them to.  Let me be who you want me to be.  I want You to be my God and I want to be your person.  Walk with me.  Talk with me.  Show me what You desire and I will give it to you.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment