Friday, December 9, 2016

A Full Reward

Scripture:

II John 8  "Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be fully rewarded".

Observation:

John tells us that we can lose what we have worked hard for.  He lets us know that we need to stay on God's path so we can be fully rewarded.

Application:

I want to be fully rewarded for the things I have done in my life.  I don't want anything to step in and take away the things I have invested in.  A partial reward does not sound appealing.  we must remain diligent in serving the Lord.  Many forfeit their reward because as they were serving, they were hurt and became bitter.  Many will not receive a full reward because they didn't finish as well as they started.  I want to finish well.

Prayer:

Father, keep my motives pure and help me to stay on Your path.  Help me not to lean on my on understanding, but to follow You completely.  I simply want to hear, "well done good and faithful servant".  I want nothing to slow down what You have started in my life.  Keep me pure and loving all the days of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment