Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Repentance is not just for unsaved people

Scripture:

Revelation 2:5  "Consider how far you have fallen!  Repent and do the things you did at first.  If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place".

Observation:

John is speaking what he heard the Lord speak.  Here, he is speaking to the church in Ephesus.  He tells them to consider how far they had fallen and repent.  He tells them to do the things they did at first.  He goes on to tell them that if they don't, Jesus would come and remove their lampstand from its place.

Application:

Sometimes in our spiritual lives we drift away from our first love.  Sometimes because of the cares of this life, our spiritual lives struggle and get put on the back burner.  Periodically, we all need to consider or think about how far we have fallen, then repent and do the things we did at first.  When our love for the Lord grows cold and service to Him is affected, we must consider it and repent.  We must ask the Holy Spirit daily to examine us and show us areas of our lives that need changed or where we are growing cold and don't realize it.  We must then repent for those things and do what we did at first.

Prayer:

Father, don't let my love for You grow cold.  Forgive me for allowing complacency into my life.  Help me to follow You fully and to live a disciplined life every day.  Forgive me for not spending the time with You I have in the past seasons of life.  I love You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment