Tuesday, December 13, 2016

But As For Me II

Scripture:

Micah 7:7  "But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me".

Observation:

I see here Micah's knowledge of the Lord.  He knew that God is a severe God who punishes sin and that his nation would see some terrible punishment from God, but he also knew the character of God.  He knew that God would hear his prayers and respond.  He watched in hope, knowing that God is faithful and that God rewards faithfulness.  Here he was saying that everyone is going astray, but as for me, I watch for the Lord.

Application:

No matter what is going on around us, we must be a people who say, "as for me" I will serve the Lord.  I will wait on the Lord.  I will put my hope in the Lord.  God does hear us, but He also knows what is best for us.  We must watch in patient hope, knowing God's love for us and that He will never leave us nor forsake us.  We must be determined to say, "but as for me".

Prayer:

Father, As for me, I will follow You.  I will walk with You and look to You for my answers.  You are my hope.  You are my strength.  Help me to depend more and more on You and less and less on myself.  Help me to trust You more every day.  Teach me to walk in faith and patience.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment