Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ready and Watching

Scripture:

Revelation 16:15 "Look, I will come as unexpectedly as a thief!  Blessed are all who are watching for me, who keep their clothing ready so they will not have to walk around naked and ashamed".

Observation:

Jesus is talking here about His return.  He tells us that it will be unexpected, yet we should be watching for it.  He tells us there are two things we need to be doing: 1. We must be watching.  2. We must keep our clothing ready.  He is coming for those who are watching for Him!  Most believers today are not really watching for Him because they don't fully understand that He will come again.  Our clothing generally speaks of our actions and the way we live our lives.

Application:

Jesus is coming again!  I'm not one for arguing theology and debating pre-trib, mid-trib or post trib, yet I know He is coming and I am looking for His return.  I am just crazy enough to believe that He will come in like manner as when He left that we must be watching for His return.  I must also prepare for His return be clothing myself in His righteousness.  I must become more and more like Christ.

Prayer:

Lord, I know You are coming and have no doubt.  Help me be prepared and ready so that I can hear the words I long to hear, "Well done good and faithful servant".  Find me watching and ready for your return.  You are amazing.  Thanks for all you are doing in my life right now!  Help me be more like You every day.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment