Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Him Who is ABLE

Scripture:

Jude 24 "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into His glorious presence without a single fault".

Observation:

Jude is writing to warn believers about those who were coming in and telling them they could live however they wanted because of God's grace and mercy.  He reminds them to be faithful to the Lord, then gives them this verse that is so powerful.  He says God is able to keep us from falling and bring us to Himself without a single fault.  That is powerful!  God is able, are we willing?!

Application:

God is able to bring us to Himself without a single fault and keep us from falling.  Why is it that so many people fall all around us?  Why do so many ministry leaders fall into sinful behavior?  I believe it is because they get their eyes off the one who can keep them from falling.  God will empower us to do everything He asks us to.  He is able, are we willing?  God doesn't go against our will.  He is a gentleman.  He won't push His ways on us.  He wants us to seek them out.  When we want His will, He will empower us to live it out.  He is able!!!

Prayer:

Father, my trust is in You.  It is You who keep me from falling.  It is You who saved me from the junk of this world.  It is You who empowers me to live right.  Help me keep my eyes on You, the author and finisher of my faith.  You are amazing and I want to serve You well.  You are able, let me be willing till the end.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment