Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pleading with the Lord

Scripture:

Daniel 9:20 "I went on praying and confessing my sin and the sin of my people, pleading with the Lord my God for Jerusalem, His holy mountain".

Observation:

When Daniel was shown what was to come in the world, he began to cry out to God on behalf of his people. He put on sackcloth and ashes and came to God in brokenness, repentance, and a humble heart. When he saw what was coming in the future to his nation, he began to repent on their behalf and cry out for the mercy of God. He was an OT intercessor, praying to avert the judgment coming to God's people.

Application:

When we hear the state of things in our country and world, we should be driven to our knees much like Daniel was. We need to humble our selves and cry out for the mercy of God. America needs dramatic change, but God's people need to be humbling themselves before Him and repenting for the sins of the nation. We need to be pleading with the Lord as we see things happening in our land. As we walk with God, He will teach us the details.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing! Teach me the true ministry of intercession. As I pray for my region, the nation and the world, show me how to pray effectively. Help me become a person who stands before God on behalf of others. As Daniel pleaded with You, help me know how to pray in difficult times. I want to pray Your prayers, the prayers You want to pray. I want to partner with You in prayer.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment