Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Love will Know No Bounds

Scripture:

Hosea 14:4 "Then I will heal you of your faithlessness; my love will know no bounds, for my anger will be gone forever".

Observation:

In the midst of God's incredible rebuke of Israel, His love is still seen. He is in the process of telling them that they are going to be punished horrifically for the sins they had committed and He tells them that if they return to Him, He will bless them. God loves to bless His people, but He also needs them to be walking in obedience to Him. When His people walk in obedience, His love knows no bounds and His anger is gone forever.

Application:

God is worthy of all our obedience and submission to Him. He desires to bless His people and offers it willingly to those who follow after Him. He wants no other gods before Him. This is huge in God's eyes. He does not want His people following other gods. He wants to be the source and sustenance of all Him people. When we live in that state, His love knows no bounds and we walk in His blessing.

Prayer:

Lord, help me eliminate anything in my life that looks like a god. Show me the areas that I have disobeyed in. Help me walk in complete obedience in a way that is pleasing to You. You love for me has always been "without bounds" and you have always taken such good care of me. Thank You!!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment