Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Restoration is on God's Mind

Scripture:

Amos 9:11 "In that day I will restore the fallen house of David. I will repair its damaged walls. From the ruins I will rebuild it and restore its former glory".

Observation:

Most of the book of Amos has been God speaking of judgment to come because of Israel's sin. Even in today's reading, He was speaking of disaster, yet as we come to the end of the book, He promises restoration. Even in judgment, God has restoration in mind. God's goal is always to bring people to Himself,cause them to trust in Him, and then bless them exceedingly. It is when man decides they don't want to live according to God's ways, that trouble starts. Even when they mess up restoration is always on His mind!

Application:

God desires to bless His people. He loves to restore the broken, heal the sick, mend the brokenhearted, etc. He loves to put lives back together again. No matter what you have gone through in life, God loves You and wants to bring you to Himself, restore you and bless you exceedingly. When we mess up and fall into things we shouldn't and open doors in our lives to the enemy, He is always there, calling us back to Himself so He can restore us. We must determine to trust Him, live His way, and quickly repent when we get off track. He is faithful to us, may we ever be faithful to Him.

Prayer:

Father, I love You. You never cease to amaze me. Your loving kindness is better than life. Let me have your heart for people. I want to be a restorer of people. I want You to work through my life to restore broken relationships, people and plans.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment